I thought I would share my top liquid lipsticks and my least favourites. Mind you I am always buying and trying out new liquid lipsticks. It’s sad that my lipsticks are collecting dust. I will say that I am starting to wear my lipsticks a little more these days.
I thought it would be fun if rank the 13 different liquid/crème lipsticks that I own. From favourite to least favourite.
- Dose of Colors “Cork”– is a velvety high-fashion matte finish which applies such a rich colour all over the lips. Glides on smoothly and stays put throughout the day and its so comfortable on the lips. I love how it smells like a vanilla cupcake. Love the doe foot applicator on these matte liquid lipsticks.
2. Lonely Planet Cosmetics “Lexington”– this brand is an indie brand that is sold on etsy. I do think they are in the process of getting their own website. It is kinda moussey like texture and its dries immediately but not drying at all on the lips and so comfortable on the lips. Really one of my favourite formula’s out there. I wish this brand all the success.
3. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick “Exorcism” – love these liquid lipsticks I kind of want them all. They are a very thin formula and they do dry very quickly, I think they are one of the lightest liquid lipstick formulas. The lasting power of these are also one of the longest. I love her colour selection she is always releasing new, fun shades.
4.Too Faced Melted matte “Drop Dead Red” – this formula glides over lips like a gloss but dries to an ultra-matte opaque finish. Infused with a no-sting lip plumper and filler, ensures color always looks rich, full – can be drying but not cement like lips. Doe-foot applicator comfortably coats lips in bursts of intense, saturated matte color. Staying power is pretty good on the one I own.
5. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick “Chianti” – I purchased my first liquid lipsticks from Stila, I feel like they were on the liquid lipstick trend way before it became a thing. I love their color selection and their longevity on the lips, let us not even talk about the pigmentation. Stila knew what they were doing when they bought these to us.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills ”Veronica” – I think this was like the second liquid lipstick brand I bought. ABH did change her formula it now is not as drying, flackey to what is what in the beginning. This formula is moussey and somewhat thicker in formula. I have heard some people not liking these. I will say that these do not last long on the lips at all. These will fail terribly in the kiss test.
7. Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint “tbt” – I owned “Frenemy” and I had to return it, the shade was beautiful but the formula was horrible and patchy. I did own “tbt” before I purchased “Frenemy” that is why I decided on purchasing it. I unfortunately did not like it so it put me off from purchasing anymore. The formula is described as a creamy matte it has a slight minty scent. It looks matte but it is more of a comfortable matte not drying at all. The staying power on this is not long at all.
8. Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme “Adorable” – Been on the hunt for these since they got released and I never was able to get my hands on them. What upset me was when I found out that they had changed their formula, which most people preferred. That did not stop me from wanting to try these out. I like the formula its moussey, but very light weight on the lips. They do not last long on the lips at all.
9.Jordana Liquid Lipstick “Mixed Berry Souflee” – light, creamy-whipped formula it can lean on the drier side of the matte liquid lipstick world. This is one of the brightest shades I own and I really like. I think it is one of the best liquid lipsticks at the drugstores. I love how it smells as well as the staying power.
10. Colourpop Ultra Matte “Kapow” – these use to me my jam I was all over Colourpop when they first released these. I still love their colour selection and I see they have come out with other formulas that people seem to like more. These like the Jordana mattes are on the more drier side of the liquid lipstick world. I really do not mind that. Only thing I do not really like is that the formula separates.
11. NYX Lingerie “Bedtime Flirt” – I was so excited about these when I first saw that these were being released. They were sold out of most shades at Ulta for a long time. I love the shade ranges but I do not like the formula. It dries matte but it never dries completely down. I do not even know how to explain, its like when you take a piece of candy and rub it on your lips and when you push your lips together it will have that tacky feeling. That is how these dry on my lips.
12. NYX Liquid Suede “StoneFox” – I do not think these were marketed as “matte” liquid lipstick. But, it is a crème lipstick that looks matte. I probably say these are great for people who do not want that dry feeling on their lips. I just did not like these at all. They applied kind of patchy on my lips, and when you try to go over them. The formula just starts crumbling little pieces of lipstick all over your lips. Beautiful shades just a horrible formula.
13. Maybelline Vivid Liquid Matte “Rebel Red” – was sent these by Influenster to test out and I did not like these AT all. If you are marketing a product as matte. I really would expect it to be matte. I do not want to go through all sorts of steps to achieve a matte lip, when the product says matte on the packaging. They never dry down to a matte finish. In my opinion they are a gloss and not matte liquid lipstick. They do smell really nice and are a good gloss