I thought I would show you how to add social media buttons to your Blogger since I did one for WordPress here . I do have a blogger page, but I don’t use it. When I first started blogging I tried to have a WordPress and a Blogger. I don’t know what I was thinking though, I commend people who have multiple blogs.
1. Search Free Social Media Buttons and waaahla. There are loads on the internet free ones as well as ones you can purchase.
2. Once you find the social media images you want to use save them on your computer,
3. Open up the blog you want to post this to, click on the pencil/pen and it will take you to a blank blog post
4. Click on the HTML icon
5. Click Image icon to insert images
6.. Click on choose files
7. Select the Social Media Icons/Images that you wan to use on your blog. Dont worry if they look a little pixalated They wont look like that once you Add Select. Make sure you select all the images.
9. The Choose a Layout box will appear, just leave it as is and click OK
10.. Your Social Media images will appear in HTML code, click on Compose
11. Once you click on Compose you Social Media Icons will appear
11. Now you will start clicking on each icon that you want to link to your different social media’s. I will start with Facebook, so I will click on it so it is highlighted and then click link (For some reason on Blogger you might have to, to do that step twice. Until the Edit Box will appear.
Also make sure that you click on Open this link in a new window, so that your readers will not be taken away from your blog.
12. You will now have to go to your Facebook page or what ever social media you will be using and copy and paste your Facebook link into the Web address and click OK. Do that for all your other social media icons.
13. This step you might not have to do, but if you icons are not centered. You will highlight all your icons and center them, by going to the align buttons.
14. Click on the HTML button, the codes will appear, highlight the code, copy the code and click the save button. Leave the page open and open up Blogger on a different tab incase you might have to go back to the code.
15. You will see this once you open up Blogger . Click on the arrow and it will give you a drop down list. Look for Layout and click on that
16. Once you click Layout you will see the following. Click on Add a Gadget
17. This will appear once you click on Add a Gadget. Scroll down until you see HTML/Java Script, Click on it.
18. Remember on Step 13 we copied the HTML code now you can paste it in the content box. You can give it a Title it is totally up to you.
19. Click Save
20.. Then you will see this page again and click on Save Arrangement and you can now then view your blog
21. There you have it you will see your social media icons on the side bar.
Hope this was helpful, if you have any issues leave me a comment and I will get back to you.