Hi lovelies ♥
What do you guys have planned?
I know Winter is almost kind of over, but I thought I would share some tips I use during the Winter months. Now if you live in Texas- we really don’t get old Winters, but I still try to keep up with these tips.
My skin type is normal to dry skin, and its so weird I use to have combination to oily skin. But since moving to Houston my skin is dry – in the Summer and in the Winter.
There will be times where I apply my foundation and you are able to see the dry patches, especially around my nose and cheek area, that just aint cute lol
We all have different skin types and everything does not work for everyone, but I do hope my tips help.
Image courtesyof Marin/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
1. Use sunscreen not just in the Summer , but everyday . Always apply SPF during the day and wear a daily moisturiser with atleast SPF 30. This should be something that we all should start practicing in our teens. — this applies too men and women.
2. In the Summer get yourself a good light weight daily moisturizer but in the Winter time get yourself a thicker kind of moisturizer- Trust me you will thank me, this applies for the rest of your body as well.
3. Its its key to exfoliate – all I use is baking soda to exfoliate – I do it atleast twice a week. I am yet to find a good exfoliator, that does not strip my skin dry (geez its already dry) But there are so many exfoliators out on the market, you just have to find the right one for your type of skin.
4. Drink tea green its great for your skin and has other great health benefits
5. Guys get a humidifier as soon as you start turning on the heat in your home!!!! While my whole family was sick a few weeks ago we purchased one, and let me tell you…you skin was so soft and supple. As I would keep the humidifier on all night. We were sick for about a week, so having that thing on at night, It really has helped with my skin.
6. Let us not forget our lips during the winter- Ones lips do get affected by the Winter weather, so get yourself a good lip balm or chapstick.
8. Stay hydrated keep your body from being thirsty is the best way to good skin. Drink lots of water and avoid caffeinated products like soda and coffee. (Okay, only splurge once a day or so!) Sodas are my weakness, but I do drink my water .
These are just a few tips that I try to follow especially during the winter months.